Today, hair transplantation is the most effective treatment for people with genetic hair loss. For a person who decides to have a hair transplant, the most important point is that the hair root has a natural and aesthetic appearance. Many people decide to have a hair transplant with the expectation that their hair will look the same as it did before the hair loss occurred. For natural looking hair, hair transplantation planning is very important.
The planning of hair transplantation and influencing factors
The planning of hair transplants is very important to maintain a natural look. Several factors influence the planning:
The structure of the hair strand: The hair structure varies from person to person. Thin or thick hair roots have an important influence on the planning of hair transplants as well as on hair transplantation. Since thin hair has less covering properties, more grafts may need to be collected. Therefore, it is a factor that doctors take care of before transplantation.
Hair density in the donor region: This is the most important component of hair transplants. Hair density in the donor area is directly related to the planning of hair transplants. Hair transplants are easier to perform for people with dense hair roots in the donor area.
Width of the bald spots: The width of the bald spots is one of the most important factors to consider when planning hair transplantation. Where the bald patches appear more frequently and how widely they are distributed is the main factor in determining the number of grafts to be collected when planning a hair transplant.
Degree of hair loss completion: It is important to wait for the hair loss to be largely completed in order to plan the hair transplantation in the best possible way. At what age should I have a hair transplant? This question is also closely related to the degree of hair loss. Therefore, hair transplants are not recommended for persons under 22 years of age. If hair loss is still continuing, hair transplantation should be planned carefully. If hair loss continues after hair transplantation, non-aesthetic images may appear after a certain period of time. In this case, a second hair transplant may be necessary.
Face shape: The face shape is particularly effective in determining the front hairline during the planning of a hair transplant. The most ideal hair transplantation method is planned at this stage according to the facial structure of the person.
The most preferred hair transplantation technique is FUE.
What is FUE? What advantages does it offer?
Why is hair transplant planning important?
The person who wants to have a hair transplant can have enough hair follicles in the donor area. In fact, the maximum amount of grafts and the hair transplant can be performed. However, if no proper hair transplant plan has been created, the person will have an appearance that is anything but natural.
In hair transplantation, it is very important to distribute the hair roots to be collected in the best possible way and to create the front hairline in a natural way.
The balance between the front and back of the hair ensures the success of the hair transplant. The planning of the hair transplantation, which ensures the natural distribution of the collected hair roots, determines the result of the hair transplantation and is the beginning of the things to be considered.
The stages of planning a hair transplant
1. hair analysis examines the type of hair loss, the person’s hair structure, the baldness rate and the density of the hair root in the donor area.
2. after the hair analysis, a decision is made on how many grafts will be collected according to the person’s hair structure and characteristics and how these grafts will be placed in the bald areas of the person
3. during the planning of the hair transplantation, which is done with the doctor and the patient, the possibilities offered by the hair structure and density are very important. If a person with low hair density in the donor area is a very large bald area, it is necessary to keep the expectations for hair transplantation at a realistic level.
4. after the density and baldness calculations during the planning of the hair transplantation, the front hairline is determined according to the facial features and hair structure of the patient. At this stage, the doctor first decides where the hairline should begin from an aesthetic point of view.
5. the shape of the anterior forehead line, or in other words, the shape of the forehead line and the point where the line should begin on the face, is the most important factor that influences the naturalness of hair transplantation.
6) Even if the hair density in the donor area of the person is sufficient, a forehead line should be determined according to the facial structure of the person. Hair roots that start too far forward, or hair roots that start too far back, even if there are enough hair roots, prevent the natural appearance after hair transplantation.
Another topic you might be interested in
“The price of hair transplants”
The planning of hair transplantation and golden ratio
When planning a hair transplant, the forehead line is determined first. Doctors often benefit from the concept of the golden ratio. This planning, which is done by calculating certain ratios of general facial contours, determines the shape and location of the person’s front hairline. The grafts remaining after forehead line planning are divided accordingly into the less visible upper head and back of the head areas. Balance is very important here. Hair roots that are very dense at the front and thin at the top or thin at the front and dense at the top lead to unwanted or unsatisfactory results.
Further information about the Golden Ratio for hair transplants can be found in our article “The Golden Ratio for hair transplants.