It is well known that FUE is the most commonly used hair transplantation method today. With the FUE method, the neck is often preferred as the donor site. FUE hair transplantation is performed by inserting the grefts taken from the area between the two ears on the neck into the channels opened in the bald area. In cases where the neck is not sufficient, different parts of the body are used as donor sites. The most common sites are; chest, back and legs. In this article we will use the beard, which is a somewhat unusual donor region. So, how is a beard transplantation performed? Why is it preferred? What are the advantages of a hair transplant with beard hair? The answers to all these questions are in this article, enjoy reading…
Why is a beard hair transplantation preferred?
In hair transplant operations, the neck area between the two ears is preferred as the donor area. This is because the hair roots in the neck are strong and give the transplanted hair a natural appearance. If the neck region of the person is not strong or not sufficient, the chest, back and legs can be used as donor area. However, you may appreciate that the hair in these areas may be curly or finely streaked, which may not meet the expectations of a hair transplant. This is where beard hair transplantation comes in. Because the roots of the beard are usually thicker and stronger. Because the beard area is denser, the lack is not noticeable. This can meet the expectations of the patient.
Beard hairs are of higher quality. As an example; the thickness of a strand of beard corresponds to almost 2 strands of hair.
Taking into account the volume of the area to be transplanted and the space it occupies, a transplantation of beard hair is very advantageous. Because a larger area can be covered with fewer roots.
How is a hair transplantation from beard hair carried out?
Hair transplantation from whiskers, which has been successfully applied recently, is preferred by many people. Beard hairs used as donor regions in beard transplantation are classified as qualitative roots. When using beard hair, which provides a full and healthy appearance, the hair in the neck, jaw and cheekbones is preferred. FUE, the most commonly used hair transplantation technique in the world, is also used for beard hair transplants, where the same logic is applied as for normal hair transplants.
Answer your questions about the FUE method ⇒ Hair transplantation with the FUE method
Another remarkable point about operations where 4000 to 5000 grefts can be collected is that people with a fuller beard feel more relaxed when the beard becomes thinner. This can also be explained as a kind of hair removal. It is worth giving a little more information here. People who do not need a hair transplant, but who feel uncomfortable with bushy beard hair, also have it done.
With a beard transplantation, your too dense beard hairs become thinner and at the same time you get new hair roots in the bald areas.
In operations where the beard is preferred as donor site, thinner needles are used to collect the beard roots. In this way, no scarring is created in the beard area.
Advantages of beard hair transplantation
- whiskers are stronger and more qualitative than neck hair,
- in the case of a beard transplant, more than one session may be performed, depending on the condition of the donor area The advantageous part is that in cases where the neck is used as a donor area, 1 year must pass before the second session can be performed. In this way the donor area is relaxed and healed. This period is 2 months in the case of a beard hair transplant.
- as is well known, it is very important to follow the rules that must be observed after a hair transplant. The use of beard instead of neck as a donor site offers more comfortable mobility after the operation.
- the healing time of the donor region where the neck is preferred is a few weeks, while the healing time of the donor region during beard transplantation is 7 days.
- 1 beard hair can correspond to approximately 2 hair strands. In this way, a larger area can be covered with fewer roots,
- because the hair roots taken from the beard are more resistant than the neck root, they are more resistant to shock hair loss.
- there is a higher probability that it will hold in the upper part of the head during the transplants.
Another article that might also interest you ⇒ When does the transplanted hair grow?